Course and Package Description
THIS IS NOT "LATE CE". IF YOU NEED CREDIT FOR 2020, YOU MUST COMPLETE LATE CE.
8 Hour SAFE Comprehensive
This course covers SAFE Continuing Education Requirements for any state that does not require a state law course or a number of hours above 8. Specifically, this course includes the required 2 Hours on Nontraditional Mortgages, 2 Hours on Ethics and 3 Hours on Federal Law and Regulations as well as 1 hour of elective education.
- An understanding of Identity theft rules including who must comply with the red flags rule, how to comply and how to administer a red Flags program.
- An understanding of telemarketing and consumer fraud, the do not call registry, what calls are covered and exemptions for certain organizations
- An understanding of advertising rules, record keeping requirements for advertisements and examples of how financial institutions may violate these rules
- An understanding of what is the TILA-RESPA rule and TRID, what transactions are covered, disclosure requirements, tolerance limitations, changes that require re-disclosure,charges subject to zero tolerance.
- Also have knowledge of Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure timing and delivery requirements, revision and correction requirements.
- An insight into most common RegZ deficiencies
- An understanding of RESPA and REG X requirements including Kickbacks and unearned fees, Penalties, Home ownership counseling requirements
- An working knowledge of Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Fair lending including Prohibited basis for discrimination, disparate treatment, permissible acts, certain notices, and acceptable income in loan review.
- An understanding of the Gramm-Leach Bliley act including privacy of consumer information, privacy notices and opt-out requirements
- An understanding of changes to FHA guidelines in 2020 and how they will effect 2021 originations
- An understanding of the special rules put in place for COVID relief
- A knowledge of alternative products, including rehabilitation,
- Specialty Finance products including affordable housing programs.
- An understanding that Regulation N prohibits any person from making any material misrepresentation,expressly or by implication, in any commercial communication, regarding any term of any mortgage credit product.